Whether you're camping, heading to the beach, or staying close to home this summer, you'll want to know about these natural remedies for kids (and adults too!).
1. Mix 1 drop of lavendar essential oil per tablespoon of aloe vera gel and apply to burned areas.
2. For a full-body burn, combine 2 cups of baking soda with 10 drops of lavendar essential oil in a tepid/cool bath and soak for 20 minutes. Apply a soothing hypoallergenic body lotion to skin afterwards to seal in moisture.
1. Prevent bug bites with a homemade bug spritzer:
• 2 drops each: Essential Oils of Wintergreen, Citronella, Cedarwood, Peppermint, and Lemongrass.
• Mix with ½ cup distilled water and ¼ cup almond oil (or other yummy oil) and put in a spritzer bottle.
2. If stung, remove stinger with credit card or fingernail and apply ice quickly to prevent swelling and spread of toxins. If wheezing or dramatic swelling occurs, call 911 immediately.
3. Apply lavendar essential oil topically (undiluted, 1 drop)
4. If itching occurs, combine ¼ cup of witch hazel extract with 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and 20 drops of lavendar essential oil and apply as needed with a cotton ball.
1. If the injured area is bruised, apply arnica gel or cream there 2-3 x’s day until the bruised sensation is getting better. Can also do homeopathic arnica acutely.
2. If the injured area is bleeding/open, clean the area thoroughly with soap and water. Apply calendula salve 2x’s/day until a scab forms, then you can apply comfrey salve and arnica gel to continue the healing process. Never apply arnica or comfrey to an open wound.