- Stick a half a lemon in the freezer and apply to bites as needed.
- Make a paste with water and baby aspirin and apply to bites.
- Apply icy-hot or other cream with Capsacin.
- Dab with Lavendar essential oil.
- make a paste with baking soda and apply to bites.
- coat one side of a penny with vaseline and tape the penny, vaseline side down to bite.
- warm some honey and dab onto the bites
- cover with plain old mud, or if you are so inclined, a cosmetic mud mask for facials
In addition to these home remedies, there are other steps you can take to make sure those itchy bites get GONE faster.
- Make sure you are taking your fish oils or other omega-3/omega-6 fatty acid supplement. This will help with calming down inflammation.
- Don't eat the things you know cause you digestive problems or skin rashes. This only takes focus away from your body's ability to deal with the histamines from the bug bites.
- Drink at least half your body weight in ounces each day to help your body's immune system function properly and work out the bites.